Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sarah Darling - New Face - 4


In addition to supporting herself as a waitress in a Nashville steakhouse
Sarah also did modeling
and appeared in a number of country music videos, including "Red High Heels" with Kellie Pickler, "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off" with Joe Nichols, "Too Much Blood
In My Alcohol Level" with David Ball, and "Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy" with Big & Rich.
A failed romantic relationship became a gold mine of songwriting material for Sarah
and inadvertently led to her record deal with Black River. "I wrote a song called ‘Stop the Bleeding’ that I put on my MySpace page," says Sarah. "At the same time
Jimmy Nichols had just started Black River Records, and
he was looking for a new artist to sign. Jimmy asked the label’s interns to start checking MySpace and let him know if they heard anyone exciting. That’s how he found me."