Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Sarah Darling - New Face - 7


One of the most unusual co-writers Sarah has worked
with is veteran TV news personality Harry Smith of CBS’ "The Early Show." Smith came to Nashville to cover the second Obama/McCain political debate and wanted to show viewers how a song gets written and recorded.
Sarah helped with the lyrics and melody, and they performed the tune on the air.
"It was great fun. Harry went to college in Iowa, so we had something in common, and by the end of the session, I think Harry really did understand how the whole thing comes
together in the studio." (CBS featured the song, "Red State Blue State Blues," prominently on its network website during the 2008 election.)
For a small-town girl who moved to Nashville knowing no one ("and with no Plan B as a back-up in case things didn’t work out"), Sarah is thrilled with the way everything is falling into place.
"I’m so glad this is all happening for me now rather than when I first came to Nashville," Sarah says, "because I feel like I’ve gone through so many experiences and ups and downs here.
I appreciate everything so much more now.
I moved from Iowa to chase my dream in Nashville. For some people, the dream never comes true. But when I look at where I am and the opportunities I’ve been given, I feel ecstatic and so blessed. I can’t wait to see what’s coming next!"